Re: Speedup twophase transactions

From: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date: 2016-12-16 11:00:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 27 Sep 2016, at 03:30, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> OK. I am marking this patch as returned with feedback then. Looking
> forward to seeing the next investigations.. At least this review has
> taught us one thing or two.

So, here is brand new implementation of the same thing.

Now instead of creating pgproc entry for prepared transaction during recovery,
I just store recptr/xid correspondence in separate 2L-list and deleting entries in that
list if redo process faced commit/abort. In case of checkpoint or end of recovery
transactions remaining in that list are dumped to files in pg_twophase.

Seems that current approach is way more simpler and patch has two times less
LOCs then previous one.

--
Stas Kelvich
The Russian Postgres Company