Re: [patch] reorder tablespaces in basebackup tar stream for backup_label

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] reorder tablespaces in basebackup tar stream for backup_label
Date: 2017-02-26 17:21:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 26.02.2017, 22:25 +0530 schrieb Robert Haas:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Michael Banck
> <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de> wrote:
> > So I am proposing the attached patch, which sends the base tablespace
> > first, and then all the other external tablespaces afterwards, thus
> > having base_backup be the first file in the tar in all cases. Does
> > anybody see a problem with that?
>
> Please add this to commitfest.postgresql.org so it doesn't get forgotten.

Right, I was going to do that and have done so now, thanks for the
reminder.

Also, attached is a slightly changed patch which expands on the reason
of the change in the comment.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Reorder-tablespaces-for-streaming-basebackups.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB