Re: pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.
Date: 2017-09-08 17:45:46
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> writes:
> Please find attached "blind" additional fixes for Windows & AIX.

> - more nan/inf variants

I think we should just drop this. It's not worth the trouble,
and I have no faith whatsoever that we've seen every behavior.

> - different message on non existing user

Ditto. It's not only not worth the trouble, it's out of scope for
pgbench tests. A single connection-failure test case seems plenty
to me, and the no-such-database case is enough for that.

> I suspect that $windows_os is not true on "bowerbird", in order to fix it
> the value of "$Config{osname}" is needed...

I looked at sub psql and noted that it was disassembling the $? result
without any platform-specific hacks. So I've made command_checks_all
do likewise, and also notice crashes if any.