How to do failover in pglogical replication?

From: roshan_myrepublic <roshan(at)myrepublic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to do failover in pglogical replication?
Date: 2016-08-17 10:21:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am currently exploring pglogical replication for my db servers. I would
like to know how can I automatically failover from Provider Node to
Subscriber Node, if the Provider node goes down for some reasons. How can I
redirect all the traffic to SubscriberNode automatically ? In the normal
replication, we use recovery_file and triggers to get this job done. Do we
have any similar alternative for pglogical replications as well?

Regards,
Roshan