9.6beta3

From: rob stone <floriparob(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 9.6beta3
Date: 2016-07-29 16:06:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Some weeks ago I downloaded 9.6beta1 source, compiled it and used
initdb to create a cluster, then psql to create roles, schema, etc.,
etc. I loaded some data into tables using COPY FROM.

Today I downloaded the 9.6beta3 source, compiled it and tried to start
postgres using pg_ctl but pulled the following error:-

"The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 942, but
the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 960."

So, could somebody tell me if the 9.6beta1 version of initdb contained
an incorrect version constant?

PGDATA is definitely pointing to the correct path.

Thanks,
Rob