Re: Question: CREATE EXTENSION and create schema permission?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question: CREATE EXTENSION and create schema permission?
Date: 2011-08-24 01:55:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
> The attached patch adds permission check at the scenario that I
> explained bellow.

Instead of using this patch, I changed the code to call
CreateSchemaCommand itself. The test that was still missing was the one
to restrict the schema name to not start with "pg_". It seemed to me
that if we were treating this as a basically nonprivileged schema
creation operation, that rule ought to be enforced too, as well as any
other restrictions that we might someday add to CREATE SCHEMA execution.