Case and accent insensitive

From: Max <maxabbr(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Case and accent insensitive
Date: 2016-01-26 11:06:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a collation for case and accent insensitive filter? I just found the use of operators like ILIKE ou CITEXT module but I can't use ILIKE in the queries and the CITEXT is a field-by-field solution for the case insensitive part of the problem. I also found the unaccent text search dictionary that could help with the accent part.
In the MySQL world we have the database level collation latin1_swedish_ci where 'maca' = 'Maçã' is true and no field level configuration is required.
This database is hosted in Amazon Cloud so I'm also limited by what I can do in this environment.