Re: Re: Debian's PostgreSQL packages

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "J(dot)H(dot)M(dot) Dassen (Ray)" <jdassen(at)cistron-office(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Debian's PostgreSQL packages
Date: 2001-06-29 18:07:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Oliver Elphick writes:
>> It was, a couple of months back. Peter made some criticism of its use of
>> autoconf, which I have changed. I have not resubmitted the patch because
>> the core team seemed to think it was not sufficiently portable.

I think there was some questioning of whether the code could run on
enough platforms to make it worth carrying in the main sources. Could
someone refresh my memory on which platforms can support this method?

As long as it's useful on some reasonable subset of platforms, and can
be autoconf'ed out on the rest, I don't have an objection to adding it.