Re: BUG #7664: Program using libpq and ecpglib can not output native language

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chen Huajun <chenhj(at)cn(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7664: Program using libpq and ecpglib can not output native language
Date: 2012-11-16 15:13:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Chen Huajun <chenhj(at)cn(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> writes:
> First,does you agree with the need of native language support without writin
> "setlocale(LC_ALL, "")"in user's program is rational?

No, not particularly. The C language standard is quite clear about
that. Nor does it seem like a particularly great idea from a user's
standpoint for different sub-parts of a program to be operating in
different locales. Even if I agreed with the concept, your idea of
switching locale constantly is likely to be horrid from a performance
standpoint.