Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for attrdef NNNNNNNN

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S(dot) Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for attrdef NNNNNNNN
Date: 2008-10-20 03:37:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net> writes:
> I'm trying to drop a table but I'm receiving the following error,
> pos=# drop table txnmanhours cascade;
> ERROR: could not find tuple for attrdef 10734091

Hm, what do you get from
select * from pg_attrdef where oid = 10734091;
If there is a hit, what table does adrelid correspond to?

> Here's my current version,
> PostgreSQL 8.1.8 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.0.gcc-opt
> (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

Not too long ago we fixed an issue wherein a cascaded delete could try
to delete objects more than once, which could give rise to an error
message of this ilk. I didn't think that 8.1 was vulnerable though.
You might have found some new bug in that logic. Does txnmanhours
participate in any interesting mutual-reference situations?