Re: Truncate Permission

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nick Barr <nicky(at)chuckie(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Truncate Permission
Date: 2007-06-10 04:38:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nick Barr <nicky(at)chuckie(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I was looking to start development on the following TODO entry.
> Add a separate TRUNCATE permission

Is there actually a use-case for that? It seems like mostly pointless
complication to me. (Note that in the role world, one can effectively
have a table owned by a group, so the real issue here is only whether
there is a point in letting someone truncate a table without having any
other owner-grade permissions for it.)