Re: Comparing two PostgreSQL databases -- order of pg_dump output

From: rsindlin <rsindlin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparing two PostgreSQL databases -- order of pg_dump output
Date: 2015-12-15 16:43:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Joe,

I have run into what seems to be a similar issue with pg_dump --schema-only
in its trigger ordering. Did you ever find a satisfactory solution to this?
I posted my specific problem on DBA.StackExchange
<http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/123691/output-from-pg-dump-schema-only-has-inconsistent-order>
, and based on some research I did, it seems like it could be an issue
related to the Collate setting of the DB. I was wondering if you had come
across anything supporting or refuting that.

Thanks,
-Randall