Disk I/O Question

From: teeeebro <terryb(at)esi(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disk I/O Question
Date: 2015-11-10 14:34:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello - I am new to this forum and know nothing about PostgreSQL. I have
managed Microsoft SQL for 15 years (I know ....)

We have a third party application that uses PostgreSQL for the database
engine. Performance writing to our Dell Compellent SAN is lacking.

What I've read about PostgreSQL is that it's a single-thread disk I/O system
where only one read/write operation executes at a time.

Can you tell me if this is correct?

Thanks!!
Terry