Unable to select a table as postgres user

From: rajan <vgmonnet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to select a table as postgres user
Date: 2015-10-30 05:56:32
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a database in which tables are created for each user when they create
an account. These auto generated tables are used for generating analytics
using a Function. This function is defined as a SECURITY DEFINER. So that
any user who tries to execute this function will be doing so as a Super
user.

But it is not working as expected. For Example, When execute the functions
as User1, I get an error that the User1 is unable to select the table. When
I execute the functions as postgres user, I still get the same error!!!

Was able to execute the function only after GRANT SELECT on that table.

My question is,
When I execute the function as a Superuser, How come I get an error on
Unable to select the table?