Re: Patch: Optimize memory allocation in function 'bringetbitmap'

From: zhangjinyu <beijing_pg(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: Optimize memory allocation in function 'bringetbitmap'
Date: 2015-09-28 14:40:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes, I forgot disable-c-assert last test.
The following show the test result when disable-c-assert.
I think it's still worthwhile.
*After optimize code (warm run)*
postgres=# select count(*) from lineitem where l_orderkey=1;
count
-------
6
(1 row)

Time: 327.143 ms
*Before optimizing code (warm run)*
postgres=# select count(*) from lineitem where l_orderkey=1;
count
-------
6
(1 row)

Time: 404.323 ms

Jinyu: the memory is allocated from perRangeCxt and perRangeCxt will be
reset in loop,
so this way don't work.

Jinyu Zhang