NOTIFY in Background Worker

From: jacques klein <jacques(dot)klei(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NOTIFY in Background Worker
Date: 2015-08-28 10:30:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I added a "NOFITY chan" to the SQL arg of an SPI_execute(), (I did it
also with just the NOTIFY statement),
but the listeners (other workers) don't get the notification until a
"NOTIFY chan" is done for example with pgadmin,

They don't get lost, just not emited after the "not forgotten" call of
CommitTransactionCommand().

Is this normal ( i.e. not supported (yet) ), a bug, or did I overlook
some doc. (or source code) ?.

For now, I will try to "emit" the NOTIFY via libpq.

Jacques K.