Re: Array of composite types returned from python

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array of composite types returned from python
Date: 2014-06-28 19:41:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am I missing anything, (ie memory leak, undesirable behavior elsewhere)?

-Ed

I applied the patch and it looks like it is working well. As a longtime plpython user, I appreciate the fix.

I have a few comments:
1) I would remove the error message from the PO files as well.

2) You removed the comment:
- /*
- * We don't support arrays of row types yet, so the first argument
- * can be NULL.
- */

But didn't change the code there.
I haven't delved deep enough into the code yet to understand the full meaning, but the comment would indicate that if arrays of row types are supported, the first argument cannot be null.

3) This is such a simple change with no new infrastructure code (PLyObject_ToComposite already exists). Can you think of a reason why this wasn't done until now? Was it a simple miss or purposefully excluded?