Re: Warning is adjusted of pgbench.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Warning is adjusted of pgbench.
Date: 2007-09-27 20:45:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:58:19PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> pgbench.c: In function `main':
>> pgbench.c:1257: warning: implicit declaration of function `getopt'
>>
>> adjustment of some reference is required for this.

> Why do you need to #undef EXEC_BACKEND, and is there a specific reason for
> removing the include of win32.h?

I've applied the attached modified version of this patch; it keeps
win32.h in there (correctly re-marked as a system header). I think
the fundamental issue must be that Hiroshi's system sets HAVE_GETOPT and
HAVE_GETOPT_H. The former causes port.h to not supply a declaration
of getopt(), so we'd better include <getopt.h> to declare it.

Together with the changes for FRONTEND applied a little bit ago,
I hope that this issue is fully resolved in CVS HEAD. Let me know if
there's still a problem.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 1.0 KB