Re: PG vs macOS Mojave

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Jakob Egger <jakob(at)eggerapps(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG vs macOS Mojave
Date: 2018-11-01 22:58:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Then somebody who wants to build on a different SDK version still needs
> to do "make PG_SYSROOT=/proper/path", but only if they're trying to
> build PL/Perl or related extensions. So this second way seems uglier
> in some sense but less likely to cause problems for most people.

> Either way I guess we'd need to document it rather than just hoping
> it's invisible.

Here's a proposed doc patch for this second approach. It'd still mostly
work for the first approach, if we drop the sentence about it only
mattering for PL/Perl and PL/Tcl.

I failed to resist the temptation to mutter something about SIP while
at it. AFAIK that problem isn't mentioned anywhere else.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
sysroot-doc-fix.patch text/x-diff 2.1 KB