Re: pgsql: Use XLOG_BLCKSZ in pg_test_fsync, rather than our own define, bu

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Use XLOG_BLCKSZ in pg_test_fsync, rather than our own define, bu
Date: 2011-01-26 02:40:21
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Use XLOG_BLCKSZ in pg_test_fsync, rather than our own define, but verify
> it is 8k as expected.

-#define WRITE_SIZE (8 * 1024) /* 8k */
+#if XLOG_BLCKSZ != 8 * 1024 /* 8k */
+#error Unknown block size for test.
+#endif

This seems like a pretty awful idea. Aren't you aware that XLOG_BLCKSZ
is settable from a configure option? You just broke the ability to
build the tree with a non-default configuration setting.

If you aren't willing to deal with a variable value for the block size,
please revert this patch.