Re: Inaccuracy in VACUUM's tuple count estimates

From: tim_wilson <tim(dot)wilson(at)telogis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inaccuracy in VACUUM's tuple count estimates
Date: 2015-01-20 03:53:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Was slightly optimistic that this comment in the release notes might mean
that my bug with bloat on hot tables might have been fixed in 9.4

/Make VACUUM properly report dead but not-yet-removable rows to the
statistics collector (Hari Babu)

Previously these were reported as live rows./

Unfortunately that is not the case, and we still have the problem in 9.4