How to connect to postgres.app on Mac from PgAdmin

From: AlexK987 <alex(dot)cue(dot)987(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to connect to postgres.app on Mac from PgAdmin
Date: 2014-12-20 20:46:20
Lists: pgsql-general

I've installed postgres.app on my Mac. It did not prompt me for any password.
I am trying to connect to it via PgAdmin, from the same Mac laptop,
providing localhost as hostname, postgres as username, and no password.

I am getting "FATAL: role postgres does not exist".

Which credentials should I use?