Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3

From: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
Date: 2014-12-16 20:41:02
Lists: pgsql-general

harpagornis wrote
> psql dbname=dbname user=my_role sslmode=verify-full sslcert=postgresql.crt
> sslkey=postgresql.key sslrootcert=root.crt

This is a psql command with 6 input arguments/options specified

psql "dbname=dbname [...]" is a psql command with 1 input argument/option
specified which is treated as a "conninfo" string as documented at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-psql.html

> I wasn't sure if the question mark is supposed to precede each variable
> (sslmode, sslcert, etc.)?

You guessed wrong...admittedly the documentation assumes the reader knows
how the format of a URI...separate key=value pairs in the "query" part of
the URI (which is separated from the path by the aforementioned "?") are
separated by ";" or "&"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URI_scheme

David J.