Re: dikkop seems unhappy because of openssl stuff (FreeBSD 14-BETA1)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dikkop seems unhappy because of openssl stuff (FreeBSD 14-BETA1)
Date: 2023-09-29 22:05:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> On 9/27/23 15:38, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
>>> Hmm, yeah. Which FreeBSD image did you install? armv7 or aarch64?

>> https://download.freebsd.org/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/14.0/FreeBSD-14.0-BETA3-arm64-aarch64-RPI.img.xz

> Thanks, that's the image I've used. This is really strange ...

I've now laid my hands on a Pi 4B, and with that exact same SD card
plugged in, I get the same results I did with the 3B+: pltcl
regression tests pass, and so does the manual check with tclsh8.[67].
So it seems like the "different CPU" theory doesn't survive contact
with reality either.

I'm completely baffled, but I do notice that "clock scan" without
a -format option is deprecated according to the Tcl man page.
Maybe we should stop relying on deprecated behavior and put in
a -format option?