Re: Function C and INOUT parameters

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function C and INOUT parameters
Date: 2009-03-25 01:18:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> I'm not sure about -interfaces, but -performance, -sql, -jdbc and others
> definitely have specific audiences and themes which they are already
> handling a *lot* of traffic for.

It does look like -interfaces is dying: almost no traffic, and what
questions it does get are off-topic more often than not. Partly this
is because the -jdbc, -odbc, and -php lists suck away all the traffic
about those interfaces, leaving not much. So we could kill -interfaces
without much loss IMHO.

The other global lists seem to be in good health from what I can see.
Can't speak to the regional or user-group lists, I don't follow them.