Re: BUG #11130: Case condition error

From: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #11130: Case condition error
Date: 2014-08-09 06:16:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

mozsar.laszlo wrote

> Bug reference: 11130
> Logged by: Laszlo Mozsar
> Email address:

> mozsar.laszlo@

> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
> Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>
> The "is null" contition on a date field returns wrong result. I can't
> reproduce this with a test table. My tables contains personal and business
> informations, so I can't send a full log with datas.
> (I used reindex and vacuum before submitting this report.)

Cannot test myself at the moment but is it that your attempt at a test case
didn't fail or that you didn't attempt a self-contained test case?

If, on the same database, you cannot reproduce the error with a minimal test
case then something about the specific tables and queries is wrong and you
(since you cannot share) need to figure out what that is. Even if you
cannot share the data sharing the schema will let others try to see whatever
it is you may be missing.

David J.