Re: BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vincent Lachenal <vincent(dot)lachenal(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request
Date: 2017-11-10 22:16:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Vincent Lachenal <vincent(dot)lachenal(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> With a fresh database, bug is still here ...
> I will try to compile PostgreSQL on my computer before open a bug on
> Archlinux (I will also try the testing Gentoo package). If I find something
> interesting, I will reply in in this thread.

> Thanks for your help and your reactivity. The bug seems to be limited to my
> specific environment which is a good news (Arch has been installed for
> almost 4 years and is not known for its stablility).

FWIW, I tried a build on Fedora 25 using the same compiler flags you
showed. Works OK there too. So this suggests possibly an Archlinux-
specific compiler bug, though I wouldn't want to pin blame without
more evidence.

It'd definitely be interesting to see a stack trace, if you manage
to reproduce the problem in a debug-enabled build.