Re: Sketch of extending error handling for subtransactions in functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>, Guy Decoux <ts(at)moulon(dot)inra(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Sketch of extending error handling for subtransactions in functions
Date: 2004-07-29 14:47:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> PL/sh is OK, but both PL/Ruby and PL/Java play around with Warn_restart.

Are they using it to fake try/catch behavior? If so, see later thread
about moving to a simple set of try/catch macros.

I currently have this up and seemingly working for the main backend,
but I still need to look at revising pltcl and plpython to match.
I think that will be straightforward, but you never know till it's
done...