Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date: 2022-04-14 02:18:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Noah, any chance you could enable log_autovacuum_min_duration=0 on
> wrasse?

+1

> Does sparc have wider alignment rules for some types? Perhaps that'd be
> enough to put some tables to be sufficiently larger to trigger parallel
> vacuum?

No, the configure results on wrasse look pretty ordinary:

checking size of void *... 8
checking size of size_t... 8
checking size of long... 8
checking alignment of short... 2
checking alignment of int... 4
checking alignment of long... 8
checking alignment of double... 8

I wondered for a moment about force_parallel_mode, but wrasse doesn't
appear to be setting that, and in any case I'm pretty sure it only
affects plannable statements.