Is there any way to index or cache a view, or function results?

From: "Jason Long" <jason(at)supernovasoftware(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is there any way to index or cache a view, or function results?
Date: 2006-07-01 20:09:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to define a function or view that performs fairly intensive
calculations and then index or cache these results?

The data I have will be accessed more than modified, but still will be
modified semi regularly.

Would someone please enlighten me on my options for improving performance is
this situation?

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long

CEO and Chief Software Engineer