pass Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute rather than Relation structure.

From: amul sul <sul_amul(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pass Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute rather than Relation structure.
Date: 2014-06-04 10:36:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

examine_attribute() function accept Relation type argument, and extract attribute from it.

For more granularity, I think passing Form_pg_attribute to examine_attribute() function  rather than passing Relation will be more relevant & makes it simple to understand.

Thinking to change examine_attribute as,

- examine_attribute(Relation onerel, int attnum, Node *index_expr)
+examine_attribute(Form_pg_attribute attr, Node *index_expr)

I think there wont any loss or gain except little optimization of function call stack space.

Thoughts? comments?

Please have look attached patch.

Regards,

Amul Sul

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-examine_attribute-function-s-arguments-changed.patch application/octet-stream 3.2 KB