Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Date: 2020-01-02 14:30:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> For now, please note that I have added an entry in the CF app:

BTW, the referenced patch only removes the configure check for
SSL_get_current_compression, which is fine, but is that even
moving any goalposts? The proposed commit message says the
function exists down to 0.9.8, which is already our minimum.
There's nothing to debate here if that statement is accurate.