Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Massimo Fidanza <max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem
Date: 2006-09-21 14:37:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Massimo Fidanza <max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it> writes:
> Yes, I can join the translation team and translate the missing strigs,=20=
> =20
> but I think this is not the right answer. I think the best solution is=20=
> =20
> to accept the english answer too.

I liked Peter's idea better (ie, not have the y/n in the
string-to-be-translated but generate it dynamically using the same
strings that will actually be matched to the input). Your approach
fails if there are any languages that use y or n in a way conflicting
with the English usage ... and whether or not we have any such
translations today, who knows what will be out there tomorrow?