Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Steven Pousty <steve(dot)pousty(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pierre Giraud <pierre(dot)giraud(at)dalibo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date: 2020-04-26 19:21:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/26/20 1:40 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:

> There is a small problem with getting this to work in the webstyle
> HTML: somebody decided it would be a great idea to have a global
> override on paragraph margin-bottom settings. For the purposes of
> this test I just deleted that from main.css, but I suppose we want
> some more-nuanced solution in reality.

I have to see why that is. I traced it back to the original "bring doc
styles up to modern website" patch (66798351) and there is missing
context. Anyway, I'd like to test it before a wholesale removal (there
is often a strong correlation between "!important" and "hack", so I'll
want to further dive into it).

I'll have some time to play around with the CSS tonight.

Jonathan