Re: Built-in connection pooler

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Dimitri Fontaine <dim(at)tapoueh(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Built-in connection pooler
Date: 2019-07-08 20:30:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08.07.2019 3:37, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 3:11 AM Konstantin Knizhnik
> <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
>> On 01.07.2019 12:57, Thomas Munro wrote:
>>> Interesting work. No longer applies -- please rebase.
>>>
>> Rebased version of the patch is attached.
>> Also all this version of built-ni proxy can be found in conn_proxy
>> branch of https://github.com/postgrespro/postgresql.builtin_pool.git
> Thanks Konstantin. I haven't looked at the code, but I can't help
> noticing that this CF entry and the autoprepare one are both features
> that come up again an again on feature request lists I've seen.
> That's very cool. They also both need architectural-level review.
> With my Commitfest manager hat on: reviewing other stuff would help
> with that; if you're looking for something of similar complexity and
> also the same level of
> everyone-knows-we-need-to-fix-this-!(at)#$-we-just-don't-know-exactly-how-yet
> factor, I hope you get time to provide some more feedback on Takeshi
> Ideriha's work on shared caches, which doesn't seem a million miles
> from some of the things you're working on.

Thank you, I will look at Takeshi Ideriha's patch.

> Could you please fix these compiler warnings so we can see this
> running check-world on CI?
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.46324
> https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/builds/555180678

Sorry, I do not have access to Windows host, so can not check Win32
build myself.
I have fixed all the reported warnings but can not verify that Win32
build is now ok.

Attachment Content-Type Size
builtin_connection_proxy-5.patch text/x-patch 101.8 KB