Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs
Date: 2008-10-08 00:00:25
Lists: pgsql-www

"Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Whilst November isn't technically "in progress" yet, it is the place
> that a person wishing to review a patch would want to go. And I think
> having InProgress redirect there probably has more utility than a
> dummy page.

Okay, but there's still a problem with this proposal. With the current
templates it's easy (one more click) to get from InProgress to Open.
If we change this there won't be any simple way to get to "the fest just
past". Personally I've had occasion to refer to the September page more
times than the November page since September closed. I realize that the
half-life of that need will be fairly short, but it's a real need at the
moment.

Perhaps we could solve this if each fest page had a link back to the
prior one?