Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb
Date: 2014-01-15 03:22:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a patch for the commit fest.

I have left the pg_upgrade script and just put in the new call instead
of the three old ones.

For the 8.3 case, which calls for a real vacuum in addition to the
analyzes, I have simply added another vacuumdb call to the script. This
technically makes the script do more work than before, where the vacuum
was part of the final analyze, but I don't see an elegant way to do it
otherwise.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-vacuumdb-Add-option-analyze-in-stages.patch text/x-patch 11.5 KB