Heads up: upcoming back-branch releases

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Heads up: upcoming back-branch releases
Date: 2010-09-27 14:39:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

After some back-and-forth among core and -packagers, we've agreed that
we're overdue for update releases for the back branches. Accordingly,
we'll be wrapping update tarballs of all active branches on Thursday
for public announcement Monday Oct 4.

We'll include a 9.0.1 update in this, so as to catch up on the early
bug reports for 9.0.

Please note that this will be the last community-supported update for
the 7.4.x and 8.0.x release branches, and probably the next-to-last
update for 8.1.x. It's more than time to be upgrading away from those
branches if you're still using them.