Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
Date: 2015-02-21 23:59:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached is a draft patch to bring the precedence of comparison operators
and IS tests into line with the SQL standard. I have not yet looked into
producing warnings for changes in parsing decisions; but I was gratified
to discover that this patch results in none, nada, zero changes in any
of our regression tests. So that's at least some evidence that it may
not be a huge problem in practice. Pending writing some code for warnings,
I thought I'd throw this up in case anyone wants to try it on applications
they have handy.

Credit where credit is due dept: this is mostly the work of Serge Rielau
of Salesforce.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
change-operator-precedence-0.1.patch text/x-diff 10.0 KB