Re: Protection from SQL injection

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Thomas Kellerer" <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Protection from SQL injection
Date: 2008-04-27 03:58:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Agreed. My point was that to do what the OP wants, wouldn't it make
> more sense to just lobotomize libpq so it doesn't understand anything
> but prepared queries.

I doubt that that particular lobotomization accomplishes much in
comparison to the penalties.

IIRC there was some discussion recently of providing a mode in which
the server would reject PQexec strings containing more than one query.
I didn't care for it much at the time, but I think it would provide
most of the benefit of these suggestions with far less compatibility
or performance hit.