Duplicate key violates unique constraint

From: Umesh Kirdat <umesh(dot)kirdat(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Duplicate key violates unique constraint
Date: 2013-12-20 11:38:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello All,

I have been using pg_dump/pg_restore to backup and restore the database in our product for quite sometime.
One of our customers reported an issue with multiple entries for a field marked as primary key.

After investigation of the logs we found the multiple entires were created during pg_restore and the primary key constraint on the field could not be created due to unique constraint violation.

After searching on internet I came across the Postgres BUG 8382 & 3231 & 7760 reported in the past for this issue.

The Postgres version on which the issue was reported is 8.2.2
We have upgraded our Postgres version to 9.0.4 in the current product release and I would like to know whether the issue in discussion is fixed in Postgres 9.0.4?

Thank you,
Umesh Kirdat