Re: Website

From: miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "PgAdmin Hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2006-01-14 23:27:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

hi!

>> what i meant and failed to say was that i prefer how the current menu
>> works, ie an entire block works as a link, not only when you hover over
>> the text. please see http://mcajvar.prkoritu.net/pgadmin/menu.html to
>> better see what i mean. i stole the styles and just modified them a
>> little.
>
> Dunno what browser you're using, but in my firefox, safari and IE6's, only
> the text is linked in any case. The new site doesn't have the
> highlight-on-hover though - we did consider that but the concencus in the
> office at work was to leave it without. I might play again tonight though.

hmm... interesting :) i've tried it in firefox 1.0.1 (winxp) and 1.0.7
(suse 10), konqueror (suse) and ie6 and only in the latter have i observed
what you mention. i wasn't aware of that kind of ie's behaviour, haven't
used it in the last 2 years at all :)

anyway, the thing is, in browsers i've used the entire block (which also
changes color) acts as a link, not only the text and is therefore imo
easier to navigate: one just needs to move the mouse in the area and
click. this is basically following the design rule of "bigger targets are
easier to hit".
so if it is not too much work can it please be included in the styles?

thanks,