I: psql security fail?

From: Maxy <maxy0440yxam(at)yahoo(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I: psql security fail?
Date: 2013-11-05 19:40:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Sounds to me like Postgres isn't actually using the pg_hba.conf file you
think it is.  Try "show hba_file;" while connected to see which file
is really being used.  Also, if you changed the file's contents, you might
have forgotten to restart or SIGHUP the postmaster to get it to notice
the change.

no, i verified and hba_file is correct, and i have restarted the system.
i'm very worried.