Re: TRAP: BadArgument - mcxt.c, Line: 813

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TRAP: BadArgument - mcxt.c, Line: 813
Date: 2015-03-29 17:35:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> I get a crash while restoring a trgm GIN index.

Hm, interesting: this seems to be the first negative fallout from
commit eaa5808e8ec4e82ce1a87103a6b6f687666e4e4c, which made
MemoryContextReset() delete not reset child contexts. ginbuild()
is creating a funcCtx as a child of its tmpCtx but then supposing
that it can reset the tmpCtx without damaging the other one.

Easy enough to fix, but it's a bit worrisome that we did not find
this in regression testing. Apparently the regression tests do
not exercise the "early dump" code path in ginBuildCallback...