Re: Fastest Index/Algorithm to find similar sentences

From: "andres(dot)pascal" <andrespascal22(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fastest Index/Algorithm to find similar sentences
Date: 2013-08-20 23:06:08
Lists: pgsql-general

As I understand, you need to search strings by similarity (using levenshtein
or any other metric distance). In that case, you can use metric indexes like
FHQT or FQA (this is better if you are using a relational database, like
postgres). But they are not implemented yet in most DBMS, so you need to
program the index. It s not too hard, but you need to understand the base
concepts. You can look for "searching in metric spaces" to read about it. If
you are in a hurry, you can mail me and maybe I can help you.

Andres.