Re: HOT synced with HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOT synced with HEAD
Date: 2007-09-16 17:40:28
Lists: pgsql-patches

BTW, I am still looking for a reason for the hard-prune logic to live.
It seems to complicate matters far more than it's worth --- in
particular the way that the WAL replay representation is set up seems
confusing and fragile. (If prune_hard is set, the "redirect" entries
mean something completely different.) There was some suggestion that
VACUUM FULL has to have it, but unless I see proof of that I'm thinking
of taking it out.