Wal sync odirect

From: Миша Тюрин <tmihail(at)bk(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Wal sync odirect
Date: 2013-07-21 14:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi, list. there are my proposal. i would like to tell about odirect in wal sync in wal_level is higher than minimal. i think in my case when wal traffic is up to 1gb per 2-3 minutes but discs hardware with 2gb bbu cache (or maybe ssd under wal) - there would be better if wall traffic could not harm os memory eviction. and i do not use streaming. my archive command may read wal directly without os cache. just opinion, i have not done any tests yet. but i am still under the some memory eviction anomaly.