Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
Date: 2013-06-30 19:50:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 11:11 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Unless something surprising comes up, or someone thinks and objection
> has been missed, I am going to commit this soon.

Quick question to anyone who happens to know:

What is the standard procedure for changes to pg_config.h.win32? I
looked at an old patch of mine that Tom (CC'd) committed:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=b966dd6c4228d696b291c1cdcb5ab8c8475fefa8

and I see that it modifies pg_config.h.win32. Should I modify it in a
similar way for this fallocate patch?

Right now, pg_config.in.win32 seems a little inconsistent because it has
an entry for HAVE_POSIX_SIGNALS but not HAVE_POSIX_FADVISE. It says it's
a generated file, but I don't have a windows environment or MingW.

Regards,
Jeff Davis