Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2013-06-26 03:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 11:20 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> I've tested that on a new git clone and with the `emacs -q` command so
> as not to load any of my local setup. While the indentation seemed ok,
> the placement of the comments seems way off:
>
> Compare what you see using those commands:
>
> emacs -q src/backend/commands/extension.c
> emacs -q -l ../emacs.samples src/backend/commands/extension.c

Well, the first one uses 8-space tabs, the second 4-space tabs, so they
look completely different. I'm not sure what you are trying to point
out.

> A couple of notes about your emacs.sample file:
>
> - Name the lambda used in the hook for easier removing / reference

Interesting, I had never thought of that. I don't see that used in
Emacs source code or core packages, however. Do you have a reference
that this is recommended practice?

> - A fresh git clone will create a directory named postgres, so I did
> change your /postgresql/ regex to /postgres/ in my attached version

Huh?

$ git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
Cloning into 'postgresql'...