create a git symbolic-ref for REL9_3_STABLE

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create a git symbolic-ref for REL9_3_STABLE
Date: 2013-06-04 01:30:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I suppose we'll be branching off 9.3 in a few weeks. That event always
creates a service gap in the build farm and similar services, and a race
in the NLS service to get everything adjusted to the new branch.

It seems to me we could already now create a git symbolic-ref named
REL9_3_STABLE that points to master, get all those services updated for
the new name, and when the actual branching is supposed to happen, we
just remove the symbolic-ref and make a real branch, and everything else
should already be in place.

I have never actually used symbolic-ref, but after playing with it a
little bit, it seems it should work fine for this purpose.

Comments?